Cook Family Organization GEDCOM Files
This file contains the latest officially approved PW Cook family history data (including temple work) prepared by the Cook family organization (Janet Porter). It is a GEDCOM file that can be opened by most if not all current family history data programs (PAF, etc.). If you prefer you may order the file on a CD from the family store.
Download the gedcom file compressed in a zip file (1 MB)
How to import this disk onto your computer:
- You must have P.A.F. or other compatible software.
- If not, import P.A.F. 5.2 into your computer from FamilySearch.org.
- Click to open your P.A.F. program.
- Click on “File: New”
- Designate destination for your new P.A.F. file.
- Name the file when asked (Bamford, Cox, etc.)
- Type your name and address when asked and click “default” so you won’t have to type it again.
- A blank family screen will open.
- Click “Import”
- Designate your CD drive and click on the file (Bamford, Cox, etc.)
- It will come up into the screen immediately.
- To change the person who comes up when the program opens:
- Click “Tools”
- Click “Preferences”
- Click “File”
- It will say “RIN of home person on file open” (RIN is the identification number which shows up at the bottom of the screen on every individual.)
- Type in the RIN of the person you want.
- Next time that person will come up first.